Monday, June 28, 2010

Pretty much a total loss!!!

Friday night we got hit by a storm that threw down golf ball sized hail...

as you can imagine.... our garden was destroyed!!!

I am trying to look at the bright side, like...
we only have a few hail holes in our siding...
our home is still standing....
the car that got nailed with hail is our beater car....
(sad thing is, my brother in-laws car was here too... UGH!)
No one got hurt...
After 6" of rain fall, we still had a yard left....

( The flooding after the rain!)

(our shrubs were hit hard, and all of my flower pots were broken!)

But it is so hard to not think of the loss in the garden!

Our garden is our food supply for the next year! Most of the veggies we eat all year come from the garden! It is also the place my husband and I get to spend much needed time together in... each summer it brings us closer to each other and closer to our children....

I will leave you with some photos of the sad plants!!
(not pictured is our corn... stripped of most of its leaves... so sad!)

SAD SAD TOMATOES!

PEAS STRIPPED RIGHT OFF THE FENCE!


ONIONS FLATTENED AND BURIED

RIPPED APART BROCCOLI

FLATTENED GREEN BEAN PLANTS



4 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

I bet it all grew back. Nature has it's own ways of mending.

inpoku said...

i like it ..
zona green
my blog http://heicoy.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky England said...

Thats such a shame, but its great seeing people trying to grown their own food. Lovely blog! becky x

lillyloops.blogspot.co.uk