Monday, November 24, 2008

Spring at my house?????


YES- you read that right... SPRING as sprung here... at least in my kitchen it has!
This is what I wandered into the kitchen to see on Sunday Morning! What a glorious gift from God!
Just thought I would share the WARMTH (oh and this morning I woke up to snow!!!!!!!! Just not in the kitchen!)

Also, I am making APPLE BUTTER in the crock pot today... my house smells so yummy, I can't wait to CAN this later and eat it up over the next couple of months! I will also be giving some pints away for christmas! AND since we canned the apple sauce with FREE apples, the out of pocket cost is very little (with the exception of the jar!)
Can you smell the cinnamon from there??????????


Cockpot Apple Butter

8 C. apple sauce
4 C. Sugar
4 t. cinnamon
2 t. allspice
2 t. nutmeg
2 t. cloves

Stir altogether and place in a crockpot, cover off, turned on high for 6-7 hours.
Fill pint jar and hotwater bath for 10 min.
Can also be frozen or stored in the fridge for a month.

Just think, this on top of pancakes with some whipping cream whipped up! YUM, apple pie for sure!!!!!!! OR spread on some homemade apple bread......Look for this recipe in the near future! It is a long time favorite at our house!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love lilies! It is beautiful. I am going to have to try the apple butter. ( : Be over on Wednesday! Hee Hee maybe I will bring a few slices of my English muffin bread to share!

Gabbi

Dani-D said...

I love that you post the recipe & directions!