Thursday, July 30, 2009

Old Friendships, Good Times!

(A-29mo, L-15mo, and Trevor-29mo)

LONG TIME AGO, when I was a new mom, I did daycare for this wonderful family! Her Daughter and my Son were just Days apart in age. In fact we met at Post Baby Classes! I ended up doing her daycare for her and I loved it! For a few years I loved her children as my own! Her second child came just 14 mo after her first.... YES, crazy I know! And then my second child came just 19 mo after my first.... SOOOO if you do the math, I had 4 children under the age of 2 in my care, 5 days a week!!!! It was great time..... AND then the summer before I had my 3rd baby, I quit daycare! NOT for any reason, other than I was feeling alittle overwhelmed and I knew another child of my own would take tooo much from her children!

Anyways, as time went by, we stayed close.... had playdates, and park picnics... and then.............

we moved away.......

Just 1/2 hour, but still, away..........................

and we lost touch..........................

(Trevor-9, A-9, & L-almost 8)

and then after 4 yrs of NOT seeing eachother we got together for a playdate at our house! It was sooooooooo much fun! The kids laughed and wrestled and played hard! They had so much fun and I had lots of fun catching up with an old friend!!!!!! Like I said, it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also has another child who is 5 and I have our youngest (whom she had never met!)


Anyways, if there is a lesson to be learned here..... it is this=

OLD FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS THERE! JUST CALL THEM UP AND GET TOGETHER WITH THEM...... MAYBE THEY ARE TOOOOOO CHICKEN TO CONTACT YOU BECAUSE SO MUCH TIME HAS GONE BY..... SO TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND DO IT FIRST! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT, IN FACT IT MIGHT JUST START YOUR OLD FRIENDSHIP OFF AND RUNNING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

What beautiful children! How cool is that- you've made an investment in someone else's kids :)

Unknown said...

I love you! Such a true sentiment!