Friday, October 17, 2008

Kids and the CHORE WAR!

Today I thought I would share with you what we have done to help stop the arguing that happens when dinner time chores come along! The kids used to say "I SET THE TABLE YESTERDAY, WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO SET IT?" or they would say "I JUST VACUUMED THE FLOOR, I AM NOT DOING IT AGAIN!" or they would say "I AM ALWAYS THE ONE WHO HAS TO HELP CLEAR THE TABLE!!!" So I got sick of listening to it about 1 1/2 ago and made up a chore chart! It used to say MOM & DAD where Kaylin's name now is! BUT even at 2 1/2 she does her chore to the best of her ability!!! There is HELP WITH SUPPER, VACUUM THE FLOOR, HELP WITH DISHES, and SET THE TABLE! We also have whoever is supposed to help with supper, bring the compost out to the garden! There has been NO MORE arguing and it has brought peace to the meal time prep work!

I made the chart in the PRINT SHOP program. 1 Large Circle, 1 Small divided into pie shapes (this would work for any size family! Just break it down into as many pies as you need!)

I then Laminated it with just the STICK ON LAMINATE, and attached the two together with a Brad. Now each day we just turn it clockwise and NO MORE FIGHTING!!!!! By the way, I taped a Large Magnetic Business card to the back so it sticks on the fridge!

This would work for any chores or such..... We used to have one for TOOTH BRUSHING at night... because they would argue about that too! One circle chart with #1,#2,#3,#4 and their names in the middle, that way they just brushed in order!

1 comment:

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Great idea, thanks for visiting our blog. I left a reply to your question about washing my hair with baking soda. View it here:

http://a-heart4home.blogspot.com/2009/01/getting-your-toddler-to-clean-toilet.html