Friday, September 5, 2008

T-Shirt Quilts....

OK, have you ever heard of a T-Shirt quilt before???? Well, up until a few years ago, I hadn't either. BUT since then, I have really REALLY wanted to make one.... WELL, I got the chance to do it when a girl at a craft fair asked me if I would make her one for her graduation gift. OF COURSE I SAID YES! Her Mom and her dropped off her shirts on a Sunday, and by Sunday night, I had it all pieced.... (She had given me 11 MONTHS to get it done.... LOL, I was just so excited, I had to get right on it!) SOOO after finding a LONG ARM quilter to quilt it for me, Here is the finished quilt! By the way, the girl LOVED it... Now her Brother is praying I am still sewing in 4 yrs when he Graduates..!




I am also working on a wedding quilt for a friend of mine.... I had the Guests sign pieces of white fabric with a PERM. pen.... Then I am adding Photos of them at their wedding to the quilt... OH, it is going to be sooooo PRETTY!


HEY, you can also do this with baby clothes, kids sports shirst, photos, etc... the possibilities are endless! Can you think of a quilt you would like to have and what it would be made out of????


I was thinking that I would offer (I am not sure HOW to offer this, so if you have any ideas, please let me know) To make a quilt out of a womans Hankerchieft that she wears on her head due to Cancer treatments (you can read about her Here, beware, her story will make you cry!). See, it is terminal cancer and I made a quilt for her Silent Auction which her friends bought for her. I was wanting to ASK, or OFFER to make a quilt out of the Dew Rags for her family for a "In Memory" quilt when she is no longer with us.... BUT like I said, how do you offer that???? Maybe it is a bad idea???? Anyhow, here is the quilt that I made for her auction.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Your quilts are beautiful! I love Tshirt quilts also! They are such a good idea.

Unknown said...

The do-rag quilt is an awesome idea. I know, if it were me, I would want that. If they know it is terminal, then find a family memeber who has come to grips and just ask. It could be a really special thing for them.

Gabbi