Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's New Wednesday??!!

Today will be a day of Useless information for you to read... about MY life... LOL!

1. Busy season starts next week at work.... People LOVE to ride the dinner train and look at the leaves.... for me this means having to work weekdays and weekends and figure out daycare during the week and someone to pick up my 5 yr old from preschool... SOOOO welcome 5 weeks of being tired, crabby, cranky, short fused, etc....

2. I am sadly loving the older kids being in school... Is that bad???? My first three are so close in age that they drive eachother crazy... When the boys are gone, there is WAY less fighting... and when Shayla is gone in the morning for almost 5 hours for preschool, Kaylin gets to swim in the river of attention... something the youngest rarely gets to do! PLUS, I get to get SOMETHINGS done around here....

3. I heard that for the next 50 yrs (farmers alminac) that the temps will be BELOW normal, and that this year we can expect a GOOD OLD FASHION WINTER.... YIPPIE... our snow mobiles haven't seen the snow in YEARS..... And my hubby and I plan on taking a trip to Northern Wisconisn to go Sledding for our 10 yr anniversary this year... so, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!

4. I realized I am spending more on Grocheries than budgeted for.... When I was a Coupon Queen buying YUCKY for your food, I only spent around $300 a month to feed my family.... then when we switched gears at the beginning of the year, I budgeted $600 every 4 weeks.... BUT I am now spending an average of $179 a week on food.... I know that isn't bad for 6 people eating Natural and Organic foods most of the time..... but still hurts the pocket book alittle.... so I am going to re-think my food spending....

5. I am tackeling the daunting task of switching out the kids clothes... I did the girls on monday, and today I PLAN to tackel the boys clothes..... BUT I can't put anything away until they get home, because they are SOOOO picky in their old age (LOL!) that they need to choose what goes and what stays..... UGH, maybe I will just wait until they get home to tackel any of it... Sounds like a plan to me!

6. OK, I NEVER or RARELY ever watch TV during the day.... but with me being into health and nutrition, I decided to give the NEW tv show "Doctors" a try... BUT fear not my friends, I am not just sitting on my fanny eating BonBon's NOW people, I am working out on my Eliptical machine... YES, Multi Tasking! Gotta love it.... TV watching with minimal guilt! Soon our favorite shows will start (I am so SUPER excited for BIGGEST LOSER I have never missed an episod even if if meant recording it!) I only watch CSI Miami on mondays, Biggest Loser on Tuesdays, CSI New York on Wed. and sometimes MUST SEE TV on thursdays, but I am hoping to NOT do that this year... we shall see.... And then I don't watch tv on fridays and on the weekends.... AND, I must say that I CAN'T just sit there and watch tv... I must do SOMETHING...... cut fabric for sewing, read during commercials, do chores during commercials, fold laundry, ANYTHING.... just not TALKING to my hubby! I can not talk and watch at the same time!

7. I am going to start trying to remember to SOAK my grains.... as seen here on Laura's blog. and I must get the book Nourishing Traditions....

8. I am excited about Jeans and Sweatshirt weather... is that bad???? I am a HUGE Tank Top Girl... wearing a tank most days of the summer... for I am a sweater and VERY hot blooded in the summer...... (I must say I got a nice GARDEN tan this year!) So, I get very excited to pull out the good ol' jeans and sweatshirts! SOOO comfy....
CONFESSION TIME: I am sad to say that when my work closed for 5 months at the beginning of this year, I gained 12 pounds.... and have only lost about 4 of it..... SOOOO most of my jeans are WAY TO SNUG.... HELLO, why do you think I am watching the "DOCTORS"????

9. AND my useless bit of knowledge for today is......
Pour boiling hot water into your theamos before filling it with hot food... it will keep the food warmer longer..... OH, but don't let your 2 yr old get ahold of it (even if you screw the cover on) She will burn her finger and you will cry.... (Sorry baby!!!!!)

No comments: