Monday, September 15, 2008

Two Great HOMEMADE (used to be Store bought) RECIPES

I thought Today I would share two of my very favorite things that I NOW make homemade instead of buying it! These are easy and GREAT!!!!!

Pancake Syrup
(my kids HATE the taste of REAL maple syrup, so here is what I do to fix that!)

2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Water
2-3 T. REAL Maple Syrup
1-2 t. Vanilla

In a large saucepan combine the white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer stirring for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and maple syrup; cool to almost room temperature, then I like to put it in a MASON JAR! Seal tightly and refrigerate.
This will thicken more when it cools in the fridge!

(YES, I do realize that that is ALOT of sugar... but it has NO corn Syrup like other store bought syrup, and if I have whipping cream on hand, my kids would much rather have that than syrup anyways... cause you can eat it with REAL FRUIT!)

and this is the BEST over HOMEMADE CUSTARD ICECREAM!!!!

Magic Shell Chocolate Sauce

1/2 C. Butter
6 oz. Chocolate chips (either semi-sweet OR milk chocolate)
1 t. Vanilla

Melt butter over medium-low heat in a medium saucepan.
Add the chocolate chips.
Whisk them around until they are melted.
Add the vanilla.
Pour the delicious sauce over any flavor ice cream.

I store this in a PINT MASON JAR in the fridge. All you do to use it OVER and OVER again is put the jar in the microwave for 30-45 seconds (depending on how much is left in the jar!)
This is so good!!! I think when this batch is GONE, I will try adding toffee to it!!!!! YUMM!!!!

No comments: